At Douglas B, Weber, D.D.S., we are always looking for passionate and motivated individuals to join our team.
Are you a qualified, high potential employee that desires growth, comradery and ability to work in a family team environment?
Our team is friendly, welcoming, compassionate, and down to earth. You will enjoy an extraordinary, unique and fun company culture, which values patient care, and an indispensable support team that allows you to be successful.
Full-time Dental Assistant
Collaborative Team, Patient-focused Environment
Lancaster, CA, Practice Location
Are you looking for a position where your skills can make a difference in the lives of others? Do you enjoy working with people, excel in providing quality patient care, eager to learn and develop skills, follow direction, and pay attention to detail?
If you have answered YES, then you may be the Dental Assistant our practice needs and has been searching for!
We seek a Dental Assistant who can effectively perform, employs a positive attitude, professional demeanor, and who desires to assist our practice in providing quality-focused dental care and service to our patients.
The Dental Assistant provides not only advanced technical assistance, but also provides a reassuring and pleasing experience for the patient.
Chair side assistance to the Doctor includes preparation of treatment rooms, instruments and tray setups for dental procedures, technical assistance during examinations and treatments, and other services requested by the Doctor.
This position is responsible for a wide range of tasks in the dental office, ranging from patient care to administrative duties to laboratory functions. Proficiency and a positive attitude are cornerstones of this position.
• Prepare treatment rooms, instruments and tray setups for dental procedures
• Sterilize dental instruments and equipment for each patient
• Greet and prepares patients for treatment
• Expose and mount dental diagnostic x-rays
• Record medical and dental histories and vital signs of patient
• Make diagnostic, whitening, and preliminary impressions(including pour ups)
• Assist the doctor during examinations and treatment procedures
• Keep patients’ mouths clear and dry during procedures using available techniques
• Apply topical anesthetic & desensitizing agents, as directed by provider
• Removal of sutures & post-extraction
• Make adjust and cement temporary crowns
• Records treatment information in patient records
• Train patients in techniques of oral hygiene & prevention of oral disease
• Make patients feel comfortable before, during, and after dental treatment
• Schedule appointments, maintain records, send bills, answerphones, order supplies and other office tasks
• Other duties as needed and required
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
• 1-2 years Dental Assistant experience
• Graduate from an accredited dental assistant program
• CA RDA license
• Proficient computer, typing skills and software knowledge (Windows based program use)
• Preferred working knowledge of Softdent or any computerized practice management software.
Send us your resume, cover letter, and professional references to apply today.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!